- Holistic approach in teaching subject.
- Natural learning pattern of the child
- Learning facilitation environment ......read more
Since each child is different from the other, we discourage stereotypes and book-to-blackboard methodology of education. Instead, we have planned to educate children in an attractive and more engaging activity called Funland. At minimum, 50-minutes are allotted to it every day during school hours. Furthermore, Funland areas and resources will also be used to teach relevant lessons. The objective is to:
- Give liberty of choosing activities of their interest and help students in exploring them;
- Provide an opportunity of independent learning skills;
- Gain the experience of life skills;
- Develop co-operation on different levels in students of different grades, as various age groups will be interacting with each other on the basis of similar interests.
Activities will include Painting, Writing, Craftwork, Stitching, Cooking, Poetry, Science, Recycling, Repairing, Logic, Critical Thinking Skills, etc.
- Development of Life Skills (Through Funland)
- Multilingual School System......read more
Children will not be forced to communicate their ideas in English only. Language will not be a barrier; if they are comfortable in sharing a thought in Urdu even in an English class, they will not be penalized or made to feel ashamed. The teacher will then repeat the thought in English so that the child learns its expression in an encouraging way. The stage at which we want the child to learn English, s/he is not ready to learn at that time. The objective is for them to learn and develop concepts, not just to learn how to talk in English (this is in line with the Era the child is in as discussed earlier in the Objectives).The child will be encouraged to speak his thoughts in whatever language s/he is comfortable in. As far as ensuring whether English is spoken by teachers in class is concerned, lessons have been planned in such a way to ensure activities are being done in each language. Science, Islamiat, Mathematics and Social Studies will be done in English and Urdu will have a separate period. However, as part of succeeding in practical life, we will ensure that the children are fluent in written and spoken English as well.
Apart from English, we also teach Arabic and intend to attempt O’ Levels examination paper of Arabic Language.
- Combining multiple curriculums......read more
Our curriculum team is continuously researching on the list of areas to be covered. At minimum, we intend to cover syllabi as prescribed by O’Levels, IB system and Education objectives of Century-21 project. Curriculum is open to change, incorporating the latest research, subjects and methods. Learning will be an on-going process.
- Highly experienced teachers and continuous development through regular training sessions.
- After school help for students who are unable to cope with the curriculum followed by the school.
- No exams until 5th grade......read more
All assessments are based on performance in everyday assignments. Progress reports will be shared regularly with parents. Children are encouraged to self-correct instead of the teacher blotting their books with red correction marks. Children can give answers and express the way they want. They will be gently corrected and guided under the teacher’s supervision.
- Children with special learning needs will be accommodated.
- Children who take a gap to do Hifz will be accommodated..